If you'd like to work at OHES below is a list of our available positions, you can apply by sending us your CV and supporting statements to email@example.com.
Location: Northern Ireland – Home based role however the postholder will be required to attend any group office/site as & when required or instructed line manager Department: Environmental Claims Management (ECM)
Salary offered: Competitive
Reporting to the Principal Consultant, the Senior Environmental Consultant will utilise technical knowledge of contaminated land consultancy to carry out environmental investigation, assessment, reporting, remediation verification and project management of environmental insurance claims. In addition and due to the seniority of the post, the postholder will hold responsibility for the technical and financial performance of any project on which they are managing. Employed on a full time basis with the need to satisfy overtime requirements and stay away from home overnight, the key tasks and accountabilities associated with the role are as follows:
- Leading and supervising project management of environmental insurance claims including managing/planning site works.
- Site investigation, assessment and remediation design; management of site investigations, remediation works and validations.
- Schedule samples for appropriate laboratory analysis and liaise with the laboratory.
- Prepare; desk study reports, including undertaking Preliminary Risk Assessments (PRAs), interpretive site investigation reports, including performing GQRAs and site verification reports.
- Demonstrate a commitment to ensuring consistently high levels of safety, technical robustness, commercial awareness, organisation and customer satisfaction.
- Undertake quality assurance and safety performance audits.
- Participate in business development activities as a technical advisor and managing key clients.
- Writing high standard reports, demonstrating technical and commercial awareness.
This list is not exhaustive and the postholder will be expected to achieve 77% utilisation target. Applicants should possess a degree in a geo-environmental related discipline and ideally professional qualifications whilst working towards chartership, with a relevant organisation; possess knowledge and experience of site investigation techniques, supervision in such environments and experience of available drilling techniques.
Experience of operating on contaminated land projects where there is petroleum hydrocarbon contamination would be beneficial as would the following: working knowledge of CLR11 and BS10175; proficiency in logging soil / rock in accordance with BS5930 and strong skills in the development and updating of CSMs. In addition, applicants should possess experience / knowledge of remediation techniques for soil and groundwater, current and emerging legislation applicable to contaminated land consultancy and practical experience of chemical analyses which can be performed on soil, water and air samples. Proficient use of Microsoft applications is essential.
The Senior Environmental Consultant will attend domestic and commercial properties and as such, must provide a professional service and image of the Company at all times; excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate are essential as are organisational and time-management skills and the ability to use Microsoft applications.
Proof of the right to work in the UK is required, as is satisfying a DBS check to satisfy client requirements. As the postholder will be required to travel to any location any location within the Company’s operational footprint; possession of a full, clean UK driving licence is essential for this role.
If you feel you have the skills, personality, qualifications and experience, please forward your curriculum vitae and a covering letter to: Gareth Bowden / firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information or for an informal discussion, please contact OHES on 0333 600 2424.
Location: Tewkesbury (Gloucestershire) Department: Environmental Claims Management (ECM)
Salary offered: Competitive
OHES Environmental Ltd is looking to hire another Senior Environmental Consultant for the Environmental Claims Management (ECM) division in the West Region. The ECM division provides contaminated land consultancy to the insurance industry when hydrocarbon spillages occur. ECM manages the whole project lifecycle from risk assessment, through remedial strategy design, to site validation. OHES Environmental Ltd is an ambitious and growing business, and the ideal candidate will enjoy working in an environment where you can get out as much as you put in. you will apply your technical knowledge of contaminated land consultancy report writing, site investigations, validations and project management of environmental insurance claims. This role would ideally suit somebody with five years of regulatory or contaminated land consultancy experience who is looking to take the next step in their career. The role will be based in Tewkesbury
- Project management of environmental insurance claims
- Arrange site works (including investigation and remediation works) in accordance with the scope of works.
- Liaise with site staff, homeowners and contractors prior to site visits.
- Site investigation design.
- Supervise site investigations, remediation works and validations, and perform associated sampling and monitoring.
- Manage contractors on-site and maintain high standards of health and safety and quality.
- Report health and safety incidents, near misses and positive observations to the Project Manager and Health and Safety Manager.
- Schedule samples for appropriate laboratory analysis and liaise with the laboratory.
- Prepare desk study reports, including undertaking PRAs.
- Prepare interpretive site investigation reports, including performing GQRAs.
- Prepare site validation reports.
- Perform other duties as required by ECM and other areas of the business in order to meet business needs.
- Knowledge of the available site investigation techniques, and experience supervising a variety of them, particularly the available drilling techniques.
- Experience working on contaminated land projects where there is petroleum hydrocarbon contamination would be of particular benefit.
- Working knowledge of CLR11 and BS10175.
- Proficiency in logging soil / rock in accordance with BS5930.
- Strong skills in the development and updating of CSMs.
- Confidence when dealing with colleagues, site staff, contractors and householders in person and over the telephone, and a highly professional manner.
- Awareness of the available remediation techniques for soil and groundwater.
- Experience writing health and safety plans for site works and managing health and safety controls during site works.
- Awareness of current and emerging legislation applicable to contaminated land consultancy.
- Understanding of chemical analyses which can be performed on soil, water and air samples.
- High standard of report writing which is technically sound and commercially focused.
- Ability to perform and interpret PRAs and GQRAs.
- High attention to detail.
- Possess a full and clean UK driving licence.
- Hold a degree in a geoenvironmental related discipline and ideally some professional qualifications while working towards Chartership with a relevant organisation.
- Highly motivated and adaptable attitude.
OHES Environmental Ltd will offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including a company car.
OHES are in a position to appoint as soon as a suitable candidate is found. To apply please send a CV and covering letter detailing your suitability and availability for interview to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information or for an informal discussion, please contact Nick or Ian on 0333 600 2424.
Location: - Nominally based in Central/South Buckinghamshire or West Hertfordshire Department: Environmental Monitoring Team
Salary offered: £20,750
OHES Environmental Ltd is a multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy, specialising in ecology, environmental monitoring, contaminated land and environmental claims management services. We have offices across the UK and Ireland with an extensive client-base. OHES prides itself on its friendly, highly professional approach and integrated expertise.
We are seeking to appoint an Environmental Monitoring Technician to sit within our Environmental Monitoring Team, reporting to our Environmental Monitoring Project Manager.
- Nominally based in Central/South Buckinghamshire or West Hertfordshire
- Salary £20,750
The proposal is based upon a service level requirement for:
Attending and investigating water pollution incidents across the Thames Valley & Greater London area with a focus on the Buckinghamshire and North West London area. The role includes gathering field data and report writing in response to the pollution incidents. The successful candidates would be home based with easy access to motorway networks essential. A small commercial vehicle will be provided. The role requires weekend and public holiday working as part of a flexible staff rota working hours 08:00-18:00.
Although relevant experience is desirable, this role would ideally suit a recent graduate and offers the successful applicant a chance to learn technical skills and to apply those skills in the workplace. The successful applicant will undergo a formal two week training programme upon starting the role with continued support and further training opportunities thereafter.
We are looking for someone to join our team who is professional and personable, who possesses a good knowledge foundation, excellent organisational skills, a high level of initiative and self-motivation. This is a good opportunity to develop skills and prospects within our growing company.
Follow http://wwtonline.co.uk/features/front-line-amy-jack-environmental-monitoring-technician-ohes#.WYraylWGOUk to gain in an insight into the role with an article written by one of our Environmental Monitoring Technicians for an industry magazine in August 2016.
Qualifications and skills:
- Educated to degree level in a Biological or Environmental Sciences discipline;
- An understanding of water chemistry and the indicative parameters;
- A full, clean, UK driving licence;
- A competent user of Microsoft Outlook, Excel & Word;
- Experience of scientific field work and an enthusiasm for working outdoors; (Please note: field sampling involves working in all weather conditions, and can be physically demanding walking for varying distances, carrying equipment, bending for periods of time, working in and near water);
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills;
- Strong analytical and numerical skills, with the ability to pay close attention to detail;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- A willingness to work flexible hours and to work long days when required;
- Able to work independently and as part of a team, following precise protocols;
- Motivated, friendly and confident interacting with clients.
- Experience of aquatic macro-invertebrate sampling;
- Aquatic macro-invertebrate identification skills to Family level (e.g. BMWP);
- GIS skills;
- An understanding of the role of regulators, such as the Environment Agency;
- An understanding of the role of laboratory analysis in environmental monitoring;
- An understanding of the role of environmental monitoring with regard to environmental compliance.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter detailing your suitability and availability for interview to email@example.com The closing date for applications is 23:59 on Monday 21st August 2017.
Interviews will be held in week commencing Monday 11th September 2017 in Wokingham and we would be happy for a start date very soon thereafter. We regret that we cannot reimburse travel expenses.
For further information or for an informal discussion, please contact Steven Schofield (Environmental Monitoring Project Manager) or Hugo Jenkins (Environmental Monitoring Manager) on 0333 600 2424.
Location: Bury St Edmunds Department: ECM East
As a result of an increased work load and expansion at OHES Bury St Edmunds, we are looking for a bright, enthusiastic Spill Response Incident Manager. more information to follow.